This associate is a working supervisor in the teller department assisting customers as needed. Manages and maintains the branch’s money supply. This person also ensures efficiency and accuracy in customer service in the teller department. The Branch Operations Supervisor must display good supervisory skills, good organizational skills, and strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exercise daily supervision over tellers and assure all appropriate controls are observed.
- The ability to rationalize and make on the spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure loss or fraud.
- Provide assistance and support to tellers in dealing with customer problems that are particularly sensitive and complex.
- Ability to manage all branch cash, order and supervise incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Solely responsible for the balancing and recordkeeping of the vault.
- Ensure that all tellers properly store and secure cash with in the branch as specified within Vault Procedures and Safeguarding/Transferring of Cash.
- In depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- In depth knowledge of all federal regulations ensuring that all tellers are complying with all requirements of Compliance.
- Ability to be a Purchaser for branch; ensuring appropriate supplies are in stock for the teller department to function.
- Remote Item Capture oversight of operation; ensuring accuracy and meeting specific time lines.
- Timekeeper for the teller staff.
- Review teller cash outages on a regular basis, reinforcing training when necessary and reporting discrepancies as outlined in the Cash Over/Short Policy.
- Conduct and document coaching/counseling sessions with teller who exceed outages limits.
- Coordinates training time for teller staff to complete or attend training courses/sessions assigned to the teller staff.
- Complete all required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conducts random surprise cash counts of the tellers as detailed in bank Procedures.
- Maintain and periodically test the security systems for branch in conjunction with the bank security officer.
- Reconciliation of in house accounts such as (Cash Items, Savings Bonds, Money Orders, and Travelers Cheques).
- Conduct branch teller meetings as needed.
- Carry out such other duties that may be assigned or required.
- Ability to handle administrative and operational responsibilities for the branch
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a self-motivator, well organized, and proficient at multi-tasking. This associate would be the exemplary example for the entire teller department. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the disabilities to perform essential functions.
Adherence to Policies and Procedures:
- Required Training
- Dress Code
- Display responsiveness to lobby traffic and customer needs and handle all levels of customer service to maximize customer service.
- Ensure each customer is acknowledged in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate follow through on all customer inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Offer the customer an alternative if unable to satisfy a request.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact positively with both customers and staff members.
Education and /or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or four plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. The associate should also have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small to large group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software; and Word Processing software
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.