Responsible for the preparation of all required loans documents for USDA, VA, FHA and conventional loans; approving HUD Settlement Statement, reviewing and approving funding conditions and funding loans at high volume with few deficiencies.
- Audits loan file. (See closer’s checklist for detailed information)
- Reviews title commitment to make sure there are not any outstanding liens/debts/mortgages that would hinder our first lien position and no exceptions to title that would cause issues with the investor or possible future claims to arise.
- Prepares closing instructions and other required documentation and delivers instructions/documents to appropriate settlement office.
- Approves CD – insures no violations regarding program type or compliance.
- Reviews documentation for compliance, includes TRID compliance, BSA compliance, adherence to loan closing conditions, adherence to document expiration dates.
- Responsible for funding items VOE, etc.
- Prepares funding and wire when loan closes in FirstBanks name.
- Uploads approved CD & approved points & fees.
- Responsible for following up on funding conditions and documentation required for the loan.
- Adheres to all rules & regulations applicable to the closing position.
- Preform all duties assigned.
- Works closely with post-closing to clear any suspense items received from investors.
- Works closely with loan officers, processors, underwriters, closing attorneys, paralegals, and/or title insurance companies as required.
- Incorporates all regulatory and policy changes into the closing process
- Demonstrates ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions with minimal supervisions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and manage time wisely
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates ability to work in a face paced environment and adapt to change easily
- Customer Service Driven with focus on responsiveness to client issues and concerns
- Knowledge of mortgage loan documentation and government insuring processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable with willingness to learn new functions
Adherence to Corporate Policies and Procedures:
- Required Training
- Dress Code
Education and /or Experience
• College preferred
• At least two years’ experience in mortgage banking, real estate or commensurate experience and education
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. The associate should also have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Database software; and Word Processing software.
In order for the associate to advance to the next level, the associate must have fully met all job requirements in the above plan. The associate must demonstrate that they have gained knowledge exceeding their current job description and can perform duties listed in the next level.
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.