Financial Service Representative II - Murfreesboro Main Location
Performs customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customer with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answers questions on all services provided and recognizes selling and referral opportunities. Able to perform the operational and customer sales/service aspects of the position in a more adept and independent manner with minimal supervision. Processes consumer loan requests according to bank lending policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Service & Sales
- Possess strong sales and communication skills, independent and self-motivated.
- Flexible and able to work with customers who are shopping in a retail environment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Provides a complete range of customer services including identifying accounts that would best meet those needs including:
- Demand Deposit Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Certificate of Deposit
- Christmas Club
- Individual Retirement Account
- Other products – Debit & ATM card, Safe Deposit Bo
- Opening the new account, explaining available products and services, gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Promote good customer relations by ensuring that problems are resolved promptly and efficiently, acting as the customer liaison between other bank departments when necessary.
- Ensure confidential treatment of bank and customer information.
- Answer telephone inquiries as requested.
- Actively cross-sell bank services, informing customer of new programs or other services.
- Proactively prospects for new business.
- Actively refers loan and brokerage services to appropriate specialists.
- Participates in sales, service and product training meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures related to retail areas.
- Represents the bank in community affairs and civic organizations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide proficient account opening using GulfPak and Info capture.
- Establish proper identification of new customers using Decision Power/Telecheck.
- Assure that all documents necessary to open the account are completed & signed accurately.
- Assure that all documents necessary for input to the system are completed correctly for data entry.
- Make necessary arrangements for direct deposit.
- Receive deposits and ensure that all accounts are properly processed according to bank policy.
- Orders checks and forms necessary for the account.
- Process Certificate of Deposit renewals with supporting documents.
- Close accounts completing necessary documents.
- Maintain safe deposit box function – opening new accounts, permit customer entry, complete audits of rented/un-rented boxes, in accordance with bank policy.
- Maintain complete knowledge of bank compliance regulations and policies governing all accounts.
- Review daily overdrafts and work with branch manager to collect/charge-off/close accounts.
- Maintain disaster contingency deposit account forms.
- Input, maintain and/or delete ATM & Debit cards within Navgator system.
- Wire transfers
- Process consumer loan applications in compliance with bank policy.
- Knowledge of all regulatory and other loan codes and comply with all.
- Knowledge of all documentation required to collateralize loans
- Closing of consumer loans, working with Loan Servicing Center for satisfactory booking of all loans.
- Successful completion of in-house training or other approved training programs.
- One - Three years banking experience (sales experience particularly in cross-marketing products and services is a plus).
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills (including telephone skills in answering and transferring calls as appropriate).
- Good understanding of financial products and services.
- Above average computer and keyboard skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Process consumer loan applications in compliance with bank policies.
- Necessary licenses as required to sell credit life
Adherence to Policies and Procedures:
- Required Training
- Dress Code
- Display responsiveness to lobby traffic and customer needs and handle all levels of customer service to maximize customer service.
- Ensure each customer is acknowledged in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate follow through on all customer inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Offer the customer an alternative if unable to satisfy a request.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact positively with both customers and staff members.
Education and /or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. The associate should also have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must also have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Database software; and Word Processing software.
In order for the associate to advance to the next level, the associate must have fully met all job requirements in the above plan. The associate must demonstrate that they have gained knowledge exceeding their current job description and can perform duties listed in the next level.
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.