Associate must have the ability to provide service to bank customers by processing customer transactions promptly, correctly and efficiently. Accepting checking and saving deposits, cashing checks, processes withdrawals and accepts loan payments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily work processed and submitted timely and accurately
(Checking, Savings, Christmas Club Deposit, utility payments, and TTL payments)
- Receives loan payments, checks due dates, and assesses late charges when applicable.
- Cash Checks: Payroll or window withdrawals verify endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and ensure validity.
- Transactions processed to established time standards.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Assist in the processing of Night Depository transactions; administering proper retrieval and recording.
- Balance cash drawer daily, including periodic batching cash checks.
- Identify Counterfeit Currency.
- Properly secures and observes cash storage at all times.
- Policies and Procedures are followed to avoid Operating Losses and Loss Exposures.
- Security and internal control procedures are followed consistently.
- Handle customer transactions according to policies and procedures.
- Teller cash differences are within bank guidelines.
- Assist customers in the reconciliation of their accounts/checkbook as needed.
- Issuance of cashiers’ check, money orders, or travelers cheques.
- Sell or redemption of savings bonds.
- Basic knowledge of associate responsibility to complete the Currency Transactions Reports or Monetary Instrument Log. Then have the ability to complete these forms with supervision or assistance from another experienced associate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the disabilities to perform essential functions.
Adherence to Policies and Procedures:
- Required Training
- Dress Code
- Display responsiveness to lobby traffic and customer needs and handle all levels of customer service to maximize customer service.
- Ensure each customer is acknowledged in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate follow through on all customer inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Offer the customer an alternative if unable to satisfy a request.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact positively with both customers and staff members.
Education and /or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. The associate should also have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must also have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Database software; and Word Processing software.
In order for the associate to advance to the next level, the associate must have fully met all job requirements in the above plan. The associate must demonstrate that they have gained knowledge exceeding their current job description and can perform duties listed in the next level.
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.