Responsible for locating, signing-up, training and soliciting mortgage loans from mortgage brokers, mortgage bankers, banks and credit unions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Locates, makes contact with and develops relationships with brokers, banks and credit unions in the state their assigned territory for the purpose of receiving first mortgage loans.
- Makes routine sales calls, as required by manager, on wholesale customer base to continually solicit loan volume from each.
- Obtains all required paperwork and financial statements from perspective brokers, banks and credit unions and sends to have wholesale customer approval.
- Annually obtains required re-certification documentation from wholesale customers.
- Handles day-to-day issues and communicates solutions to wholesale customer base as needed.
- Works closely with all contracts underwriting to insure fast turnaround time and quality underwriting of customers’ loans.
- Works closely with wholesale mortgage closers to insure smooth, accurate and high quality loan closings.
- Creates and maintains tiring system for all wholesale customers by loan quality, loan volume, percentage gained of total originated business and ease of doing business with that customer.
- Routinely manages wholesale customers that have commonly have a loan delivery pull through of less than 80% in an effort to either improve or discontinue doing business with that customer.
- Works with manager to devise sales strategies for further growth and increase business.
- Adheres to all rules and regulations applicable to this position. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Conducts site visits to all wholesale customers that wish to do business with FirstBank.
- Trains all wholesale customers on FirstBank’s lending policies, procedures and loan programs.
- Customer Service – Responsible for fostering the FirstBank Experience in the following ways: Phones answered by the third ring, proper greeting on every telephone call, all customers greeted when entering the financial center, employees should stand and properly greet (handshake, eye contact, introduction) each customer before entering a meeting, use the customer’s name at least once, thank the customer, always get back to the customer before sundown.
- Adhere to Policy and Procedures - Responsible for all compliance with bank policies, procedures, and operational integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent mandatory
- Associate’s degree in a business-related major is preferred
- Prior sales experience in the mortgage industry is a plus
- 3+ years of effective and proven sales experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements, residential products and functions also required
- Ability to work independently with good project management skills and ability to adjust to ever changing environment.
- Must be active and visible in the community to promote FirstBank and enhance business development efforts
All statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work assigned to the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for personnel classified within the category.